Apply now to use Arnolfini’s auditorium for the development of ideas (during September and December 2013).
Arnolfini is offering an artist, collective or company from the South West region use of its auditorium to aid in the development of new ideas or pre-existing works. A small bursary is also available as well as the opportunity to preview any ‘work in progress’ to the public. Apply now, the deadline for applications is midday on Monday July 1st (Monday)
In recognition that artists, performers and performance makers often need to devise, rehearse and create works in situ, Arnolfini invites applications for the use of its Auditorium space across two five-day periods in September and December 2013. In addition the successful applicant(s) will also have the option of using Arnolfini’s dark studio and will receive a small bursary of £500 to assist with expenses.
Applicants (or at least one member of a collective or company) must be located in the South West region to be eligible to apply. Applications based on any art-form will be accepted – Arnolfini’s mission is to foster audiences for experimental practice across disciplines.
Use of the Auditorium includes technical support enabling the potential to try out ideas with lighting and sound. A black box, designed for dance and concert presentation as well as the screening of film, the Auditorium has more recently presented theatre, live art and performance art across art forms. The Auditorium seats between 170-200 persons dependent on stage area required and room dimensions and equipment specifications are available on request.
Use of the auditorium is offered on the following dates:
Sunday 1st to Thursday 5th September 2013
Monday 9th to Friday 13th December 2013
To apply please email email@example.com with up to 300 words outlining your intentions regarding use of the auditorium space, and how you would use the £500 bursary. Please also list weblinks to further information supporting the application if suitable and indicate whether you would require use of Arnolfini’s dark studio (available at suitable dates between July and December 2013). Technical assistance will not be provided in the dark studio – applicants are advised that this space has a low ceiling and although with advance notice can be set up with a small PA system, does not come with any lighting beyond the small spotlights already installed.
Deadline for all applications is midday Monday July 1st 2013.
Further enquiries or questions should also be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicants must be based in the South West region, specified as Bristol and the surrounding areas of Somerset, Gloucestershire, Somerset, Wiltshire, Devon and Cornwall.
- If application is from an artist collective, dance or theatre company then at least one member of the group must be from the South West. Please state clearly who this person is in applications of this kind.
- Members of Arnolfini’s programme team will assess each application, chaired by Jamie Eastman, Curator of Performance
- The dark studio space is 9.6m x 6.9m, with a semi sprung floor. Please be aware that the ceiling is low and the space includes two pillars.
- It is possible to view the auditorium and dark studio spaces prior to making an application, please email email@example.com to arrange a suitable time for this. Please be aware that viewings can only last a matter of minutes between the hours of 11pm and 5pm and you will need to be accompanied by the duty manager at all times.
- One technician will be provided per day to assist the successful applicant(s) in the auditorium.
- The successful applicant(s) will be required to provide information in advance stating how they anticipate to work with this technician.
- Further information about Arnolfini’s history, legacy and mission can be found via our website.